We are a principled party, inspired by the arts, offering creative, scientific and evidence based ideas to improve all our lives
The Arts Party is proudly multicultural, and stands for inclusion, cooperation and diversity in how we define the future of this country.
The arts are built on collaboration, curiosity and imagination, the very building blocks of human progress. They naturally promote a culture of equality, creativity, opportunity and community.
What Are Our Principles?
We believe politics without principle is a very bad thing and all too prevalent in our democracy. We do not have a set ideology, rather source creative and evidence-based policies to help us all. We support good ideas from all sides of the political spectrum and share our own ideas with all other parties to adopt.
Our principles in three lines:
- Support For the arts & creative action in all our lives
- Lifelong quality education Access for all
- Investment in individuals & communities to help us all be the best we can be
You can find out more on our principles page. If you like the sound of us, please consider joining or signing up for our newsletter!
Amazing Facts About The Arts Party
- We are just 2 years old, have 2200 paid members, and are the only party in Australia to be crowdfunded into existence.
- We crowdfunded again to stand candidates at the last Federal Election, where we received over 1.5million preference votes. Over 10% of all voters preferenced us between 1-6. Popular support created and sustains us.
- We are the only party in Australia dedicated to encouraging a more creative, cultural, educated and prosperous life for every Australian. We are the only Arts Party in the World.
- Our National Cultural Policy includes mandatory music education (instrument learning and group singing) for all primary state school students, free entry to all government funded museums and galleries below the age of 21 and over the age of 65, and the Arts placed at the centre of the Innovation Agenda. Our policies are available here, covering many ways to improve (and pay for) our shared future as Australians.
- We are a principle-driven party that wants to work with all sides in politics, on win-win solutions that improve the lives of every Australian. We’ve enough lawyers, accountants and lobbyists in our parliaments, let's introduce a new voice!
- We share all our policy ideas with all other parties in the hope they will adopt some. The Greens adopted and credited some of our ideas in their latest arts platform. Others have borrowed without acknowledgement, but that’s fine! :-)
The Arts are not a left thing or a right thing, they are an EVERYTHING in how we create the future we all deserve.
And Some Instagram: